2011-2012 Registration Form & Tuition Agreement
2012-2013 Registration Form & Tuition Agreement
Under the auspices of the Diocese of Joliet, St. Irene School admits students of any race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally available to students in our school. (Ref. Policy #5110)
Students of St. Irene School will be admitted in the following order:
- Students currently enrolled
- Siblings of current students
- Contributing parishioner’s children who were not previously enrolled
- Non-contributing parishioner’s children
- Catholic students from other parishes
- Children of other faiths
When maximum enrollment has been reached, a waiting list will be maintained for each grade. New lists are compiled during January of the next year.
The procedure for the implementation of this policy shall be the responsibility of the Principal, and shall be in compliance with Joliet Diocesan policy.
All students must be registered each year.
A physical examination is required by state law prior to entrance into school for the first time (Preschool, Kindergarten, or First Grade) and upon entering 6th grade. All students in grades 5, 7, and 8 who will be participating in any of our sports programs are required to have a sports physical before they can participate in practice or actual games. Physical examination forms may be obtained from the school office. Dental and vision examination forms are also available.
Children entering Preschool must be three years old on or before September 1st, toilet trained, and out of any type of diaper or pull-up. Children entering Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1st.
Admission Policy for Transfer Students
Students who wish to transfer to St. Irene School from another school will need to complete the following steps:
- Make an appointment with the Principal this meeting would include at least one parent and the student.
- Either at this meeting or as soon as possible, see that St. Irene School received a copy of student’s previous grades and any test scores that might be available.
- Come visit the school if classes are in session.
- If classes are not in session, receive a tour of the school.
- Receive a copy of the latest Student/Parent Handbook to read before the next step.
- Student will write a commitment statement.
- Question and Answer session.
- St. Irene Principal will contact the Principal from the incoming student's previous school.
- If student is to be accepted, parents will fill out a Tuition Agreement Form and pay the registration fee. All records must be on file in the school office prior to the student beginning school, or student does not attend until file is complete.
- If student is accepted, his/her status as a St. Irene student is to be reviewed at the end of the first trimester. Parents must abide by the school’s decision.
Class Size / Maximum Enrollment
Enrollment in a classroom for Preschool shall be limited to 15 students with a teacher’s aide. The Kindergarten enrollment should be limited to 25 with the possibility of going as high as 30 if there are five who know that they will not be attending first grade at St. Irene School. An aide is provided for kindergarten when the enrollment is 21 or higher, and for preschool when the enrollment reaches 12 students. Class sizes for grades 1-8 are limited to 25 students.
Exceptions to the above for extenuating or temporary circumstances may be made by the Principal in concurrence with the Pastor.
Parents/guardians choose the Plan they prefer, sign the completed tuition agreement form and return it to the school.
||Full Payment by August 25, 2012
$100 discount per family
||10 monthly payments: August - May
||12 monthly payments: June - May
We partner with FACTS Management Company to help us manage our tuition payment program and financial aid assessment. The FACTS system allows you to choose your payment plan and specify on which date you would like your automatic payments made, from a bank account or from a variety of credit cards. Please click here to enroll in FACTS.
The School Board in conjunction with the Administration Commission has established the following policy regarding tuition collection:
- All accounts must be paid in full by May 5th / 20th in order to receive a final report or diploma. Academic records will not be transferred to another school until all tuition and fees have been paid.
- Any family whose account is delinquent at the time of registration for the following school year will be able to register their child/ren only after their account is brought up to date. Any family with an 8th grade student must make sure that their account is current in order for their student to be allowed to participate in the 8th grade trip.
- If payment of tuition or fees poses a problem, please do not hesitate to contact the Principal. Any information of this nature will be kept confidential between the Pastor and Principal.
- In the event that it becomes necessary to place this account in the hands of our business manager, your school account will be billed for the additional expense. The same would be true for any non-sufficient funds (NSF) check.
- Tuition is due on the 5th or 20th of each month. If tuition payment is late, there will be a charge of $25.
- Please bear in mind that financial support of the parish is expected.
- Each family will be expected to earn the assessed Manna Fee or pay the equivalent amount in cash.
Tuition and Fees
New families, ask about tuition incentives and assistance!
|3 or more Students
Joyous Learning Early Childhood:
|Early Childhood Multi-Age Program
|3 days/week (MWF)
|5 days/week (MTWThF)
|Non-Refundable Registration Fee
or $150/family before 3/1/11
(after 3/1/12, $100/student, $200/family)
|Lunch Supervision (per family, K-8)
|Graduation (Grade 8)
|Service Hours (in lieu of 20 hours,
per family, K-8)
|Student Service Fee (per student)
|Insufficient Funds (NSF) Returns
|Technology Fee (per student, K-8)
|Manna Fees -- Each family will be expected to earn the assessed fee (or pay the equivalent amount in cash)
|1 Student (grades K-8)
|Each additional child